Friday, April 10, 2015

Review: Stupid Boy by Cindy Miles

Title: Stupid Boy (Stupid in Love #2) 
Author: Cindy Miles 
Synopsis: Brax Jenkins and Olivia Beaumont are the most envied couple at Winston University—but the so-called “virginity dare,” orchestrated by Brax’s old fraternity, almost tore them apart. Now, a new dare is taking shape, and it’s sure to set emotions ablaze--more than ever before. Winston’s “It Girl” Harper Belle isn’t just president of the Deltas--she’s also a master at keeping her ugly past a secret. So, when the Kappas’ dare hits closer to home for her more than anyone realizes, she devises a competition of her own as payback. Three sorority sisters will seek out a notorious womanizer on campus and--unbeknownst their “mark”--secretly train him to be the perfect boyfriend. Always up for a challenge, Harper targets the biggest player she can find: Brax’s wickedly handsome foster brother Kane McCarthy. But, Harper discovers there’s much more to Kane than girls, games, and partying. His easy smile belies the quiet, old soul reflected in his deep brown eyes. All it takes is one night, one secret laid bare, and one kiss from Kane to shift Harper’s world on its axis. Suddenly, the girl who’s always walked a straight and narrow path can’t think of anything else except losing control.


My review: 

This is the first book I´ve read from this author and even though I didn´t follow the series order, because I started in the 2nd book, I got the feeling of the previous book quite well. Just a couple of chapters in the story made me want to read Stupid Girl cause Olive and Brax seem like really great characters to hang out with for a while. 

Through the whole book I wanted to know more about the past of Harper and Kane. We got an insight on the first’s chapters but it left me wanting more. I am sucker for mystery and this book had me hanging on to it till the end. But I have to say that I was expecting much more regarding their past. The author constructed a really nice background for an epic story and in the end it felt kind of hanging. Don´t get me wrong, I really liked both Harper and Kane and how their story developed, they complement each other and both of them are easy to read but not so much to connect with them. All the dark and shady past that surrounds them in the end felt asphyxiating, it got me feeling sad and I wanted to feel happy! Though that´s what usually happens with this kind of secretive characters xD

The writing was nice and fluid, though the sex scenes could get improved cause they feel kind of mechanic, or maybe is that I´ve read very dirty books! All in all I really enjoyed their story and I´ll be surely checking on Miles´future work.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...