Saturday, April 11, 2015

Review: Beat by Amity Cross


Title: Beat (The Beat and the Pulse #1) 
Author: Amity Cross 
Synopsis: Renee "Ren" Miller was five when her Dad left to go to the shops and never came back. Left to grow up with a cancer riddled mother, things have never been easy for a teenager who had to be wise beyond her years. Then one day they lose the battle and she’s all alone. Now twenty-two, Ren reluctantly goes to find her estranged father. He owns the down and out boxing studio, Beat, and Ren finds herself drawn to the ring. She thrives on learning a new way of fighting a life that kept kicking her down…instead of struggling against the current, she kicks it right between the legs. Then one day, Ash Fuller, her Dad's star fighter comes back to town. Mysterious, handsome… Dangerous… Everything Ren doesn't need. But he's got other ideas… …and so does she.


My Review: 

This is the first book I´ve read from Amity Cross and I have to say that I love reading about MMA fighters.  Having an alpha male in a book is not a surprise nowadays, but having an alpha female is beyond exciting and surprising.

The narrative is really amazing, I really got into the story pretty easily. The whole story is action packed and it made me want to enroll on a fighting class because I want to be as baddass as Ren. Ren is the perfect match for Ash, he needs a strong woman to contain that hardass hurricane that is Ash. The only thing that made me lower my rating was that the story kind of dragged at the end, a bit too long from my point of view.

Can´t wait to read the next book in this series because Beat kind of ended in a cliffhanger. I also cannot wait to meet Amity Cross at this months signings, so exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...