Thursday, July 31, 2014

REVIEW: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover


Title: Ugly Love 
Author: Colleen Hoover 
Synopsis:When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her. Never ask about the past. Don’t expect a future. They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all. Hearts get infiltrated. Promises get broken. Rules get shattered. Love gets ugly.


My Review:
I have to admit something, this is the first book I´ve read from Hoover, shocking right? Well I was afraid I wasn´t going to like her stories because I don´t usually like big authors. But I am so happy I get the chance to read Ugly Love because WOW! I LOVED the story of Tate and Miles, and if all her stories are this good, she just have won a new fan.

The story is told from 2 points of view, Tate´s and Miles´. The difference between them is that Tate´s POV is told from the present time while Mile´s is from 6 years ago almost till the end. The chapters where Miles is the narrator show the reader how he was before the accident that changed his life. Those are chapters full of hope, love and happiness which is a huge contrast with the Miles that appear in Tate´s chapters. It is so illuminating and strange to see the 2 different versions of Miles, the before and after, like he is a completely different person. I loved Miles, he is a hot pilot that is too afraid to love again, my heart was breaking for him. 
Tate is very realistic about her chances with Miles, she is aware that she is falling in love and she  still decides to take keep going even though she knows it will end up bad.
The secondary characters are as good as the main ones. They bring deepness to the story and it made the story more believable. I loved Cap and his relationship with Tate; Ian and Corbin seemed like really cool guys so I would love to read some more about them. All in all, Hoover has created wonderful characters that are so believable that sometimes I had the feelings as if they were real people.


I was hooked from the very beginning, the writing is amazing, the narration flows easily, the structure of the chapters and the writing remind me of poetry.
I loved all the water metaphors, from Tate being liquid, to showing her feelings as if she was water, as if Miles was the one breaking the waters like Moses to the relationship it had with the secret behind Miles´ story. The cover fits perfectly.
The story was really intense,the author mixes angst and happiness so perfectly along the story that the final result was that I cried and laugh during the whole read.

I really recommend Ugly Love to readers that like romance in a very realistic way, though make sure to have your tissues ready because you are going to cry a lot! Really love it, can´t wait to read some more about Hoover.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...