Monday, April 14, 2014

James Moriarty

     New BBM! Alright, we are starting a new week but I’m sorry to say I’m still fangirling about Sherlock… and as much as I love the main character of the show (of whom I already talked some weeks ago) today we have THE bad boy in the series, the nemesis: Moriarty (Andrew Scott).

      He is the ultimate bad boy, and I don’t mean the kind of hot rebel guy that you can think of if I say bad boy, I mean bad as in evil. He is basically insane but extremely intelligent. If Sherlock is a high-functioning sociopath, Moriarty (this Moriarty) is an actual psychopath. And they have created the character in such a way that it can get really scary sometimes and crack you up the next moment. He is unpredictable. All the time. That is where the greatness of the character resides, it is just impossible to overlook someone like that and you end up loving him, loving how much you hate him.


     He is Sherlock’s main nemesis but it is not exactly that he despises him; he just needs someone clever enough to follow his (sick) games. They are like the two sides of a coin: both are brilliant but each uses their brains for one or the other side.

     What I really enjoy about this character is that with bad guys in fiction sometimes it is fairly obvious that the ‘hero’ is always going to end up the victor of the two; however with Moriarty, as it is depicted in this adaptation, you never get to know if Sherlock is going to be able to get him. Because he definitely is a criminal mastermind like no other.
                  
                                       

     He is one of the best secondary characters I have seen for a while and the actor Andrew Scott portrays him perfectly; he undoubtedly does an amazing job.



"You need me, or you're nothing. Because we're just alike, you and I. Except you're boring. You're on the side of the angels."






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...