Monday, July 31, 2017

Review: The Difference Between Us by Rachel Higginson


I'm cursed.

At least when it comes to finding Mr. Right.

I'm tired of men that only want one night stands or blind dates that are nothing but awkward and uncomfortable. I'm tired of avoiding inappropriate text messages and the constant disappointment of always meeting Mr. Wrong.
After all these years of dates that lead nowhere, I can admit that it's me. I'm the problem. I'm shy and picky and cursed. Definitely cursed.
So I've decided two things.
The first? I'm giving up dating and relationships and men in general. Maybe, possibly, forever.
The second? I'm going to have to try harder to avoid Ezra Baptiste.
If I couldn't hack it in the kiddy pool of dating, I certainly can't swim in his deep end. He's too successful. Too intense. He's all man when I'm used to nothing but boys pretending to be grownups. He's everything I'm afraid to want and so far out of my league we might as well be different species entirely.
So he'll need to find a different artist to paint his mural. And a different graphic designer to help him with his website. He'll need to find someone else to glare at and flirt with and kiss.
It can't be me.
We're too different.


Buy it NOW

A really good read!
Here are some thoughts about The Difference Between Us:
- I really liked the dynamic between Molly and Ezra, the two main characters. They were perfect for each other, two pieces of a puzzle that fit awesomely. 
Ezra is this alpha man, strong, capable, a business man who knows what he wants and does everything in his power to conquer it. Molly is more quiet, a reflective girl, even too much sometimes. She considers herself on a really different level than Ezra, and this is one of the reasons why she's really sceptic about starting a relationship with him.
They have really different personalities, but I liked reading it playing out.
-  I connected more with Ezra than Molly, probably because I recognise myself in him the most, and also because I would have behaved differently than Molly in some occasions. But one of the things that I really liked is the fact that even if she had many many many doubts about her relationship with Ezra, she was lucid enough to realize that it was all bullshit, and that he was really made for her.
- Henry, Molly's boss, was really a character that I disliked. He's a real pig, and I was really happy when Ezra took the matter in his hands, so to speak.
- I've always like Rachel's writing, and this is no exception. The story is really fluid, absolutely not stilted, and captivating.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...