Saturday, January 9, 2016

REVIEW: Built by Jay Crownover


Title: Built (Saints of Denver #1) 
Author: Jay Crownover 
Synopsis: Sayer Cole and Zeb Fuller couldn’t be more different. She’s country club and fine-dining, he’s cell-block and sawdust. Sayer spends her days in litigation, while Zeb spends his working with his hands. She’s French silk, he’s all denim and flannel. Zeb’s wanted the stunning blonde since the moment he laid eyes on her. It doesn't matter how many smooth moves he makes, the reserved lawyer seems determinedly oblivious to his interest—either that or she doesn't return it. Sayer is certain the rough, hard, hot-as-hell Zeb could never want someone as closed off and restrained as she is, which is a shame because something tells her he might be the guy to finally melt her icy exterior. But just as things start to heat up, Zeb is blindsided by a life altering moment from his past. He needs Sayer’s professional help to right a wrong and to save more than himself. He can’t risk what’s at stake just because his attraction to Sayer feels all consuming. But as these opposites dig in for the fight of their lives, battling together to save a family, the steam created when fire and ice collide can no longer be ignored.Sayer Cole and Zeb Fuller are as different as two people can be. She’s country club and fine-dining, he’s cell-block and kill it and grill it. Sayer spends her days in litigation, while Zeb spends his working with his hands. She’s French silk while he’s denim and flannel. The differences between the two of them don’t stop Zeb from dropping every hint he can think of that he would like to get to know her on a more personal level, but Sayer seems oblivious to his interest or is just too nice to tell him to take a hike. To Sayer, a guy like Zeb could never be interested in someone as reserved and boring as she is. She’s never been with anyone that was hot enough to melt the icy exterior she’s had wrapped around hera since her awful childhood. But what if Zeb is the one who might finally thaw her out…?








I´ve been eagerly waiting for this book since Sayer and Zeb first met in Rowdy. The instant chemistry between them was out of this world and I have to say that Jay Crownover never lets her readers down.

Built was the perfect official start to her new series Saints of Denver because we get the best of both worlds. We still get to know more about our favorite marked men while getting more unbelievably interesting new characters. This book was the perfect blend of sexy, sweet and romance. I sincerely couldn´t have asked for a more captivating read to start 2016. I´ve read a total of 3 books in this first week of the year and the 3 of them have gone straight to my top favorite books. When I picked Built I knew without any doubt that this book would be among them because Jay Crownover is a mastermind when it comes to writing.

Her characters grab your heart from the very first moment and you will always have a piece of them attached to you, even as the years go by. Zeb was more than what I was expecting, he surprised me in every page of the book. He was solid, trustworthy, scorching hot and to die for. I was more drawn towards his personality than to his looks because it tugged at my heart from the very first chapter. And that is saying something because his looks are amazing! All his rugged inked body is all male. 

Sayer got my complete admiration for just being able to resist all that god like perfection. I seriously would have fainted at his feet with just one wink from his deep green eyes. Sayer was awesome in every sense of the word. I loved seeing a heroine that fought the chemistry and made him try harder every time. And Zeb outdid his efforts every single time. They were a match made in heaven.

There are some new characters, one that has a key role on the whole development of the story. And he made me thing on a future spin-off that would absolutely melt my heart. We also get to see glimpses of the future characters in this series and it had my mind turning in every direction turning to pair them up. I absolutely cannot wait!

When I first picked Rule in 2012 before all the Marked Men series became a hit in the reading world, I could never have imagined that 4 years later I would be sitting here writing a review about Crownover´s 3rd book series, it is a dream I don´t want to wake up from!

I would seriously recommend Jay Crownover to every reader out there. Even if you are a new reader that is starting with Built or you came from the Marked Men series, this book will fill all the hidden gaps in your reader soul. Jay´s books usually steal my heart but Built managed that and also to light all the fuzzy and romantic feelings hidden deeply inside of me. 


A must read to start your year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...