Sunday, September 29, 2013

REVIEW: Broken Prince

Title: Broken Prince (The Broken Ones #2)
Author: Jen Wylie
Editorial: Untold Press
Synopsis: Sometimes, when you’re broken, you can heal on your own. Sometimes, you need the help of your friends, your family, and the people you love. Keeping those pieces together when the world seems intent on ripping you apart is the greatest challenge of all. Especially when the ones you love, the ones who hold you together, start falling apart themselves.
Arowyn and her family continue  their journey to return the Elven Prince, Shael, to his homeland before he fades and dies. A journey full of triumph and horror, love and sorrow, rips them apart with every fighting moment, and yet brings them together as a family. They don’t allow the prophecy to rule their lives. Some don’t believe, some don’t care.  Prophecies aren’t written in stone. Events can change. People can change. They are only words. From besieged cites, to the elusive Were and wild Fey, nothing quite prepares them to face their deadliest of enemies, one they didn’t know existed.
Opinion: I read this book in one sit, I loved Broken Aro so much that I needed to know what will happen with this peculiar family. Jen has the wonderful gift of creating feelings with just a couple of words. I missed reading a book that gave me so many mixed feelings.

Aro and her “family” continue their trip while they encounter new challenges, friends and losses. As in the previous books that I have read by Jen, you need to get ready to the journey of your life. You never know what will happen in the next chapter, her books are full of twists and turns that are really unexpected. You can cry, laugh, fall in love and grief in the same book.

I love all Jen´s characters, even the bad ones. I certainly love Kei, he is caring, funny, protective and sexy, all that I want in a boy. I still don´t know which are my feelings for Prince, I kind of had a love-hate relationship with him while reading the book. Sometimes I wanted to punch him in the face, and others he melted my heart so much that I wanted to hug him till he couldn´t breathe. With Prince and Kei, Jen had me in a carrousel of heart- attacks, I was in the edge of having one so many times that I lost the count. A lot of things happen in this book. And don´t make me talk about the end, I cried during the last 10 pages so much that I had to stop to take a break because my vision was blurry and I couldn´t read.

I really like the new characters, Garen is really interesting and I´m sure he´ll be an interesting acquisition. I still don´t know how to feel about Aro. She is an awesome heroine, brave, caring, witty and one of the best female characters ever, but I´m really jealous of her. She has a bunch of guys that would do anything for her, even risk their lives. She also has Kei and that really pisses me because I want him for me xD (I really need to overcome this fictional crush, but I can help it, he is awesome ^.^). I would really like to see a girl in the next book, I think Aro needs a friend and a feminine influence. And maybe she will heat things up.

Once more Jen did it. She created a captivating, emotional and heart-breaking story.
Punctuation: 5/5



Título: Broken Prince (The Broken Ones #2)
Autor: Jen Wylie
Editorial: Untold Press
Sinopsis: A veces, cuando estás roto, uno puede curarse por su cuenta. A veces, se necesita la ayuda de tus amigos, tu familia y tus seres queridos. Mantener esas  piezas juntas cuando el mundo parece empeñado en romperte en trocitos es el mayor reto de todos, sobre todo cuando tus seres queridos, los que te mantienen unidos, comienzan también a romperse.
Arowyn y su familia continúan  su viaje para regresar al príncipe elfo, Shael, a su patria antes de que él se desvanezca y muera. Un viaje lleno de triunfo y  horror, amor y dolor los romperá con cada  lucha, y sin embargo, los une como una familia. Ellos no permiten que la profecía de gobierne sus vidas, algunos no creen en ella, a otros no les importa. Las profecías no están escritas en piedra, los eventos pueden cambiar, la gente puede cambiar, son sólo palabras. Desde ciudades sitiadas, a los escurridizos Were y los salvajes Fey, nada los tiene preparados para enfrentar a su más mortal enemigo, uno que ni sabían que existía.

Opinión: Me leí el libro en una sentada , me encantó tanto Broken Aro que necesitaba saber qué le iba a pasar a esta peculiar familia . Jen tiene el maravilloso don de crear de un sentimiento con sólo un par de palabras, echaba de menos leer un libro que me provocara tantos sentimientos encontrados.
Aro y su "familia " continúan su viaje mientras se encuentran con nuevos retos ,amigos y pérdidas . Al igual que en los anteriores libros que he leído de Jen uno necesita  prepararse para el viaje de su vida, nunca se sabe lo que pasará en el próximo capítulo. Sus libros están llenos de giros y vueltas realmente inesperados; puedes llorar, reír , enamorarte y sufrir,  todo en un mismo libro.

Me encantan todos los personajes que la autora crea , incluso los malos. Definitivamente amo a Kei , es cariñoso , divertido, protector y sexy, todo lo que quiero en un chico. Aunque todavía no sé lo que siento por Prince, en cierto modo tuve una relación de amor -odio con él a lo largo del libro. A veces  quería darle un puñetazo en la cara y otras derretía mi corazón tanto que quería abrazarlo hasta que no pudiera respirar. Con Prince y Kei, Jen me tenía en un carrusel de ataques al corazón , he estado en el borde de tener uno tantas veces que he perdido la cuenta, suceden muchísimas cosas en este libro. Y no me hagáis hablar sobre el final , lloré durante las últimas 10 páginas tanto que tuve que dejar de leer porque mi visión era borrosa y no podía leer.

Me gustan mucho los nuevos personajes , Garen es muy interesante y estoy segura de que será una adquisición interesante. Todavía no sé cómo sentirme acerca de Aro; ella es una heroína increíble , valiente , cariñosa , ingeniosa y uno de los mejores personajes femeninos que he leído, pero a la vez  estoy muy celosa . Ella tiene un montón de chicos que haría cualquier cosa por ella , incluso arriesgar la vida. También tiene a Kei y eso me molesta porque lo quiero para mí xD ( realmente necesito superar este enamoramiento ficticio , pero no puedo evitarlo él es increíble ^ . ^ ) . Me gustaría mucho ver a una chica en el próximo libro , creo Aro necesita una amiga y una influencia femenina. Y tal vez hará que las cosas se calienten.

Una vez más, Jen lo hizo, creó una cautivadora, emocional y desgarradora historia.
Puntuación: 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...