Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Review: The Back-up Series by A.M. Madden


Title: The Back-up Series: Back-up, Front & Center, Encore

Author: A.M. Madden

Synopsis: 
Leila Marino’s biggest dream is to become a rock star. A lucky opportunity has her auditioning with an up & coming rock band named Devil’s Lair. The band hires Leila as their back-up singer, signing her up for months in the studio and touring on the road with the sexy bunch. 

 Jack is the quintessential rock star…gorgeous…sexy…a walking orgasm. Jack Lair is the lead singer of Devil’s Lair and his dreams are becoming reality as his band climbs the ladder of success. He’s living the perfect life, and enjoying every minute of it. With a steady stream of sexual conquests that satisfies his raging libido, he thinks he has all he needs in life…until Leila enters it. The series takes you on their journey, as well as their band mates and friends. The Back-Up Series is a true love story, rock star style.





Purchase links:







I started reading this series a little bit after the first book came out and I've never regretted it. I think that's one of my favorite series ever and you can clearly see how the author grows in her writing during the three books. As I think each book deserves it's review I will write my review this way :)

Back-up

I read a review of the book on one of the blogs I am following and I got interested in the plot so I decided to check it out. It definitely didn't disappoint :) I love Rock & Roll romance and I just fell in love with the main characters. Leila and Jack are so different and at the same time somehow so similar to each other. Their connection is undeniable and they cannot stay away from each other no matter what. They are brought together because of their love of music but they stay together because of their love for each other.

Jack Lair is the ultimate bad boy rock star. A different groupie every night, heavy partying and tours. That all changes the moment he meets Leila Marino and he falls in love with her voice.

Leila is beautiful and extremely talented. She can put you on your knees with her voice but she has a tender heart and she is faithful to the people she loves.

Jack and Leila have to go through quite a few bumps on the road but their love makes them stronger and they support each other no matter what. 

It was also quite interesting to get to know the people around Leila and Jack: their friends, their families, their band mates. All the character fell so real that most of the time I felt like they are real people and friends of mine.

Front & Center

I thought that the first book was good. I read this one for less than a day. I went to bed at nearly 5:00 am because I couldn't stop reading. I simply had to finish it.

I loved the story, the suspense, the romance... pretty much everything. The way Jack and Leila develop their relationship is so real that I felt like I know them, like they are my friends. There were parts at which I was laughing so hard, I couldn't stop for at least 10 minutes straight (OMG, Trey and the fake website or Evan and his mother). And there were parts that brought tears to my eyes (the hell Jack went through because of Jessa and after that the whole scene with the "incident").

I definitely recommend this book and even if you weren't impressed with the first book in the series I think you would like this one.

Encore

I fell in love with the characters and especially with Jack and Leila from the first moment I started reading Back-up. And I continued falling deeper and deeper for them during Front & Center. But this third book in the series is my favorite.

Encore has everything. It can make you laugh, it can make you cry, it can melt your panties and it can make you angry or frustrated. It can make you experience each emotion the characters feel. It is written from 4 different POVs (Jack and Leila's of course and in addition 2 more :) ). It allowed me to get to know the rest of the band members and characters from the series better and to enjoy the book even more. I loved seeing all the characters finding their happily ever afters... Except one... and I cannot wait to read that story. I know it is going to be intriguing and heartbreaking.

In a few words I loved and thoroughly enjoyed this book. For those of you who read Back-up and Front & Center, you can really see how much A.M. Madden grown as an author in this third book from the series and I think everybody will enjoy reading Encore :)

So, that's my reviews of the series. For me the books are great and I definitely recommend them to all readers who love a great Rock$Roll romance and even to those of you who don't!!!!! I am absolutely sure that everyone will find something they like in these books and fall in love with the characters the way I did :)

And don't forget that the last book in the series, Backstage is coming out October 27th. That's Trey Taylor's story and this a book you need to read. Trust me. You won't be disappointed :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...